Plastics Engineering Technology (Co-Op) (T913)
Plastics Engineering Technology includes the theory and practical applications of various aspects of plastic parts production from design through to mass production and testing. Topics include properties of plastics and composites, product design, mould design, plastics processing, cost estimating, prototyping and project management. It is a three year diploma program with an optional fourth year leading to a technology degree currently under development.
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES
- Optional Co-op Work Terms
- Transfer Agreements with Universities
- First Year is Common with T826, T841 and T842 providing flexibility to transfer between these programs at the start of semester 3 without loss of credit
- Interested in concepts and theories
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to receive, understand and give instruction
- Good work habits
Excellent employment opportunities exist for graduates of Mechanical Engineering Technology – Plastics. This program was designed to reflect the current requirements of the plastics industry and will prepare students for diverse and financially rewarding positions in plastic product design, mould design, production supervision and project management.