RSS

Scratch Built Millenium Falcon Using Styrene

30 Aug

source: http://www.ketzer.com/MF_making1.html

Exerpt (Click On Image For Full Article)

I started by cutting the basic shape of the Millennium Falcon out of two pieces of sheet styrene. They basically looked like a disk with the shapes of the two front mandibles sticking out of it and two little wedges missing on each side (for the “escape pods”). Each half also had a hole in the center where the gun turrets would go later. I was not planning on putting an interior into the ship, but these holes were supposed to enable me access to the wiring of the cooling fans and lights in the ship.Next, I cut small pieces out of the back of the two halves to make room for the 6 cooling fans (small CPU fans, about 1.25 inches in diameter). At that time I was planning to light the ship’s engine with a custom-made neon tube.

Advertisements
 
Leave a comment

Posted by on August 30, 2007 in DIY, Fabrication, Recylcing

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: